This DIY acne cream calms and balances oily and acne-prone skin. It can also be used as a night cream.
Makes about 4 ounces Ingredients:
1 tablespoon emulsifying wax
4 teaspoons grapeseed oil
1/2 teaspoon of stearic acid (stabilizer)
2 400-IU capsules or 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E
1 tablespoon Aloe Vera gel
1/3 cup witch hazel
5 drops grapefruit seed extract
3 drops lemon essential oil
5 drops lavender essential oil
1 drop cedarwood essential oil
1 drop rose geranium essential oil Directions:
1. Combine the emulsifying wax, oil and stearic acid in a double boiler.
2. Let simmer, stirring occasionally until the ingredients melt together.
3. When melted, remove from heat then add Vitamin E.
4. Warm the Aloe Vera and witch hazel in the microwave or in another pot on the stove.
5. Pour the oil mixture gently into the witch hazel mixture, constantly stirring with a whisk until you have a smooth and thick mixture.
6. Stir in the grapefruit seed extract and the essential oils.
7. Pour the facial moisturizer into a dark glass jar. Let it cool before covering with the lid.
8. Occasionally stir as the mixture cools so the ingredients will not separate.
9. Store in a cool and dark place. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
10. Use it each night after you have washed and toned your face.