This recipe is great for skin that is troubled by psoriasis, eczema, rosacea and other unpleasant skin conditions.
1/3 cup calendula oil or apricot kernel oil
1 tablespoon emulsifying wax
1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
1 teaspoon vitamin E 1/3 cup calendula hydrosol 10 drops grapefruit seed extract
1 drop chamomile essential oil
2 drops helichrysum essential oil
7 drops lavender essential oil Directions:
1. Combine the emulsifying wax, oil and glycerin in a double boiler.
2. Let simmer, stirring occasionally until the ingredients melt together.
3. When melted, remove from heat then add Vitamin E.
4. Warm the calendula hydrosol in the microwave or in another pot on the stove.
5. Pour the warm hydrosol gently into the oil, constantly stirring with a whisk until you have a smooth and thick mixture.
6. Stir in the grapefruit seed extract and the essential oils.
7. Pour the facial moisturizer into a dark glass jar. Let it cool before covering with the lid.
8. Occasionally stir as the mixture cools so the ingredients will not separate.
9. Store in a cool and dark place. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.