Serves 1 to 2
1 inch cube ginger 1 clove garlic
1 cup french lentils
2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 lemon juiced
salt to taste
1/2 garam masala (or 1/2 tsp curry powder)
cilantro chopped (optional)
• Boil or pressure cook lentils in salty water
(1/2 tsp salt, 3 cups water). When they are tender to the touch, set aside.
• Peel and puree onion, garlic, and ginger in a blender.
Lentil Stew Photo Gallery
• Heat the oil in a pot and add cumin seeds.
• When the cumin seeds sizzle, turn the heat low, and add the onion-ginger-garlic paste.
• Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the onion puree looks pinkish or appears cooked.
• Add the cooked lentils with the remaining water.
• Add garam masala and lemon juice. Add salt and additional water to taste.
• Let the lentils cook for about 15 minutes.
• Sprinkle some chopped cilantro for a fresh flavor.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Cauliflower and Spinach Soup with Tarragon
- Workout Routines & Training Programs
- Surfboard Designs
- The Ideal Balanced Diet: Well-Balanced Diet
- Do you want to lose weight without dieting?