Makeup for a wedding
I’m getting married and plan to do my own makeup. Any suggestions? D.C., Evanston, III.
Linda Seidel, creator of Natural Cover foundation/concealer, recommends starting with a long-lasting waterproof foundation. “Match the shade to your neck and blend it well below your jawline. Finish it with pressed or loose powder and you’ll have the perfect canvas for the rest of your makeup,” she says. For other cosmetics, Aimi Edelman, a makeup artist with Laura Geller Make-Up Studios in New York City, suggests the following:
• Avoid shimmery colors, which often look too shiny in photographs.
• Don’t use extreme shades; natural colors tend to look better when you’re wearing white.
• Draw attention to your eyes by adding extra eyeliner in the outer corners.
• Take oil-blotting or rice paper to the reception it will absorb oil without adding color the way some powders do. (To try: Shiseido Pureness Oil-Blotting Paper, Prescriptives Instant Face Powder Foundation, Estee Lauder 2 Maximum Cover Lightweight Makeup; for Natural Cover, call 800-752-0066.)
Makeup for a wedding Photo Gallery
Bridal Makeup Tutorial
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Fashion Trends 2019
- Latest Fashion Trends 2018
- Chanel Handbags 2019
- Giorgio Armanifragrances
- Foaming Face Wash