First, let’s review your weight loss during the first 14 days of the diet and the degree of metabolic resistance it indicated. Chart 17.2 will give you a general sense of where you stand in the metabolic resistance framework.
As I’m sure you’ve guessed, the degree of resistance to weight loss that your body shows corresponds to your degree of difficulty in getting well into ketosis lipolysis. By definition, resistance to weight loss is resistance to ketosis.
Now, on the Induction diet, which you’ve just gone through, I asked you to go on virtually the strictest level of low carbohydrate dieting. You were consuming 15 to 20 gms of carbohydrate. A smart strategy. If your body was capable of going into ketosis, it did. The diet was extremely
low because I wanted to demonstrate lipolysis for everybody from the person who can really lose weight quite easily on almost any diet to the hardest case the person who, until going on the Atkins diet, thought that losing weight was just about an impossibility.
And I am sure that better than 95% of you found that you were losing weight. The other 5% of you will have to look at the next chapter and work with the special diet I’ve devised for patients with extreme metabolic resistance.
But if you’re a normal dieter, you’re now going onto a somewhat more liberalized version of the Atkins diet, and you’re entering a crucial stage for learning the parameters of your lifetime program. You’ll find out what’s the most liberal level of carbohydrate consumption that corresponds to your own individual metabolic capacity to continue taking off excess pounds. This is the carbohydrate maximum for the Ongoing Weight Loss level of the diet your Critical Carbohydrate Level for Losing (CCLL).
Naturally, you should wish to move into this phase of the diet with proper caution. I emphasize the importance of sticking to ow carbohydrate vegetables, nuts, and other meal accompaniments in these early days. The one thing we don’t want to do is get you out of ketosis lipolysis and put an end to the hormone like elaboration of FMS. If that happened, we would have to resume the Induction diet again, or, as I must chide so many of my patients, “It’s back to square one.”
Remember, some very common foods have amounts of carbohydrate that aren’t insignificant. A grapefruit has around 20 gms and an apple only slightly less. Measure that against the fact that approximately 40% of metabolically overweight women can’t lose unless they’re eating less than thirty grams of carbohydrate a day!
Therefore those are foods that you may always have to eat with great moderation and restraint, so you must save them for a later date. There will be time enough to try them on your Maintenance diet.
Remember that most fruits are high in natural sugars and that your tendency to develop glucose and insulin disorders will always make fruit eating somewhat risky for you.
MEGAN BOONE STYLE Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Fashion Trends 2019
- Latest Fashion Trends 2018
- Chanel Handbags 2019
- Best Exercise For Pregnant Women
- Prom Hair And Makeup Ideas