Why not show your loved one how much you care this Valentine’s Day? These homemade sweet treats can be just as easily prepared around the campfire at your favourite holiday destination as in the comfort of your own home. They’re simple, yet sweet, and they are guaranteed to get your (and your partner’s) taste buds tingling straight away. Whether you’ve planned a night in at home or a romantic camping adventure outdoors, these recipes are a great way to start this day of love off on a sweet note, and end it on an even sweeter one.
Campfire French toast with crispy bacon and a berry jus How to make it.
• Whisk together egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and 1cup vanilla in a large bowl.
• In another bowl, stir together mascarpone and the remaining 1 tsp. Vanilla.
• Spread mascarpone mixture over 4 bread slices, then top with remaining slices.
• Cook maple syrup and berries in a small covered saucepan over the fire until berries start to break down.
Valentine’S Day Recipe
Click on Images For Next Valentine’S Day Recipe Photo
After about 5 to 10 minutes, remove from heat.
• Heat a large skillet or frying pan over the fire or your camp stove.
• Swirl butter in pan.
• Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, then cook, turning once, until crisp and browned. This should take 4 to 8 minutes.
• Drizzle the French toast with berry jus and remaining berries. Serve with a side of crispy bacon strips… and enjoy! ^
What you'll need.
• 1 large egg.
• 1 cup milk.
• 1 cup sugar.
• 2 tsp. Cinnamon.
• 1 tsp. Vanilla extract, plus a separate V tsp.
• 1 1 cups mascarpone cheese.
• 8 thick (V in. ) slices of day-old, wide (((white? ))) French bread.
• 1 cup maple syrup.
• 2 1 cups blackberries, blueberries and strawberries.
• 2 tbsp. Butter.
• A packet of bacon.
Braaiied s’more brownies.
What you'll need.
For the brownie mixture…
• 1 cup sugar.
• 3 large eggs.
• 1 cup all-purpose flour.
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder • 1/2 tsp. Salt.
• 1 cup cream.
• 4 tbsp. Unsalted butter.
• 1 cup chopped chocolate.
For the s'mores…
• 1 cup Marie-biscuit crumbs.
• 1 cup chocolate chips.
• 1 1 cup marshmallows.
How to make it.
For the brownie mixture.
• Combine the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
• Remove from the heat and let cool slightly; about 5 minutes. (Or, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. )
• Put the eggs, sugar, vanilla, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir with a rubber spatula until just evenly incorporated.
• Add the chocolate mixture and stir until evenly combined.
• Add the flour and fold in until just incorporated – no white streaks should remain.
For the s'mores.
• Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet.
• Pour in brownie mixture.
• Crush Marie biscuits and sprinkle on top of brownie mixture.
• Place skillet over the fire and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
• Remove from heat and test with a toothpick or knife to make sure that it is more than half-cooked.
• Place chocolate chips on top and spread with spatula to coat the mixture evenly.
• Place marshmallows on top. Be sure not to overcrowd them, as they will swell and puff up when heated.
• Place the skillet back on the grill for 3-5 minutes, until the marshmallows are light brown.
• The skillet will stay hot, so the brownies will continue to cook. Test with a toothpick or knife around the side of the skillet, without disturbing the marshmallows. The toothpick or knife should come out clean.
• Cut into squares and scoop out individual brownies.
• Take note that the marshmallow topping is extremely sticky so don't be shy to get stuck in -that's part of the fun!
Best served while still warm.