Basic hair shampoo Formula
• 2 tablespoons of liquid Castile soap
• 1 cup of spring or distilled water
• 2 tablespoons of dried herbs of your choice or 1/2 cup fresh herbs of your choice
• 1 teaspoon apricot kernel oil or almond oil
• 2 drops of essential oil of your choice
1. In a clean 10-ounce glass jar, place the fresh or dried herbs. Make sure that the glass jar has a lid that closes properly.
2. Boil the spring or distilled water and then pour the water gently over the herbs in the glass jar.
3. Close the lid and let the mixture steep for at least 10 to 20 minutes.
4. Next, strain the water from the herb infusion into a separate bowl.
5. Slowly add in the liquid Castile soap, as well as the almond oil or the apricot kernel oil and mix thoroughly.
6. Add in the essential oil to scent and continue mixing.
7. Place the mixture into a plastic container, or reuse an empty hair shampoo bottle.