* Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that can spread to other organs in the body.
* The most common symptom is the appearance of a new mole or change in an existing mole, most commonly on the face, legs, back and arms.
* Melanomas usually have an irregular shape and are more than one colour. They may be larger than normal moles, itchy or bleed.
* Statistics show that if you’ve burnt or used sun beds regularly before the age of 35, then the chances are that you’re 75% more likely to get melanoma.
* For more information, visit melanoma.co.za.